Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Boston Trip Last Minute Changes

Hello All, 

Unfortunately due to the cancellation of school on Tuesday we are no longer able to depart as early as I hoped. The jazz band will now leave the school as close to noon as we can. Students first obligation is to finish their exams and then we will be able to proceed. I also wanted to touch base on a couple more items pertaining to the trip. 

I am really excited to see so many families joining us this year. Thank you so much for coming. If anyone was planning on following the bus I would recommend meeting at the high school at noon. 

There is always the possibility of inclement weather. There is also always the possibility that what is predicted will be wrong or change. The utmost importance to me is always the children's safety and we will never put them in a situation where it is unsafe to drive. If there is an issue where we are in Boston and have another snow storm hit we will make the decision to either leave early or stay longer then anticipated to allow for the safest possible travel conditions. It is also important to keep in mind that New England is much more prepared for snow fall then we tend to be. 

Finally I wanted to take a second and thank everyone for the support at out performance at Bus Stop Music Cafe on Friday night. The turn out was amazing and it was so great to see alumni and their families also join. I have truly sought to build an atmosphere that the band, current and former members, are a family and all part of a growing tradition. I see now that many of the parents and families of the members are also becoming part of that tradition and from the bottom of my heart I would like to say thank you. Your support of all the hard work the students put in truly makes my job easier and provides the students with such a great experience. Once again thank you.

Looking forward to a great weekend in Boston and we will keep you updated as we go!

Mr. V

No comments:

Post a Comment